275g/10oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
275g/10oz unsalted butter
1 packet of oreos, broken into pieces
85g/3oz milk chocolate, cut into large chunks
85g/3oz white chocolate, cut into large chunks
175g/6oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
325g/12oz caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas3.
- Line a 30x20x3.5cm/12x8x1½in tin with lightly buttered greaseproof paper or foil.
- Put the plain chocolate and butter in a large bowl, place over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence. Fold in the flour, oreos and chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
The top should be firm but the inside should feel soft when cooked.
Allow to cool in the tin.
Remove the brownies from the tin and cut into squares.