Earlier this year, we learned about Malorie Blackman, Children's Laureate 2013 to 2015. We learned about the books she wrote and what inspired her. We were inspired to do some writing and art based on her book, Contact. This week, Joseph Coelho has been announced as the new Children's Laureate.
Who is Joseph Coelho? Watch the Newsround video to find out then have a discussion about the following:
- What books is Joseph Coelho famous for writing?
- What type of writing does Joseph Coelho do?
- What books did Joseph Coelho read when he was younger?
- What advice does Joseph Coelho give to budding authors?
- Have you got an idea for a story or poem?
- What is the setting?
- Who are the characters?
- What happens?
- Write it - we'd love to read it!
Who knows, you could be a future Leureate too!
Mr Carruthers email@example.com or Miss Dhanda firstname.lastname@example.org
Arithmetic and spelling practice
Please practise using the spelling techniques we have showed you. Spelling practise also includes using the words in sentences once you know how to spell them.